This is the Cuke Archives page for what’s being featured each day.
Our other two Zen sites: shunryusuzuki.com - all the transcripts, audio, film, photo archive
and ZMBM.net - for Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind.
New 2021: Audiobook for Crooked Cucumber & Zen Is Right Now: More Teaching Stories and Anecdotes of Shunryu Suzuki
Youtube Cuke Archives - Posts from here also appear on Facebook Cuke Archives
Core Books by and about Shunryu Suzuki -- People Index -- DC home -- DC Books
Cuke Podcasts - Instagram Cuke Archives - - Donate
For personal, environment, music, etc, go to Cuke nonZense Blog and cuke-annex
Search cuke blog 
Search Cuke.com

Friday, July 15, 2016

Rootin for the Home Boys

The Homeless World Cup is happening in Glasgow now and my bud Danu, best man at my wedding a year ago, is on the Indonesian team. Posted about Danu here on June 28. Going to the page for the Indonesian team, there's Danu's whole name: W Danu Hendro Prasetyoko. I see the team name is Rumah Cemara which means Pine House though I don't know if there's some other meaning or implication. I see on their page they've won more games than lost - beat Scottland and beat Costa Rica yesterday. Katrinka watched it online. I'll ask her when the next game is and maybe I can catch some of it. - dc